I have always been the type of person that lets stress get to me and have found the following ways to de-stress really helpful. Sometimes we just need reminded that to be able to look after others we first must look after ourselves.
In today’s fast paced, technological world stress is all around us. Being in a position where we are available 24/7 and over committed because we just can’t say no. It feels as if we never have any ‘Me time’ which is exactly what we need from time to time. Without it we can become unable to wind down and this can start to affect our sleep, health, well-being and relationships.
There are things all around us that can cause stress. The most common are:
Our Work Environments, job's can be hard sometimes especially if you are having trouble keeping on top of it, don’t enjoy it or are put in a position where you have to work long hard hours to earn enough to live.
Money, financial troubles are very real at the moment these can cause all sorts of stress just trying to pay bills and keep on top of life, quite often causing tension among partners and households
Our Home Environments, with a lack of money and tension among family members the home environment can sometimes to from a place of peace and relaxation to a place of stress and unhappiness.
Clutter, a hectic lifestyle and a house and office full of clutter can leave us permanently on ‘high alert’. Living in constant mess and clutter can cause extra tension and stress.
To relieve yourself of stress you first must find the source of it. Take the time to think about the things in your life that you feel you are struggling with and acknowledge them. Either try and take some time out like 5 minutes a day to do something you enjoy or just chill out. If the problem is bigger or things such as money worries talking to someone about it can help a lot.
Below I have a list of 5minute relaxation and de stressing techniques that can help you find your calm.
• Talk to someone, sometimes things need to be talked over. Talking to someone you trust can help ease the stress and tension.
• Learn to say No! Women these days tend to have habit of over committing themselves, having so much to do and little time to ourselves can be a huge cause to unnecessary stress.
• De- clutter, spend 5 minutes each day cleaning and sorting a cluttered area in your home or office. Having clean minimalist areas help to create calm.
• Write it down, I have found writing down all the things that make me stressed helps me with coming to terms and dealing with it. As well as this noting down what you are grateful for can help shift your mind to more positive things.
• Meditation, helps to create calm and teaches you how to filter your thoughts and rid your mind of stressful thoughts. Regular meditation is also great for your inner health and well-being. I’ve found meditation has helped me become more calm and when done before bed I’ve had a much more peaceful and restorative sleep.
• Exercise, yoga is a great way to get yourself moving in a calm and relaxed setting. Walking out in amongst nature can also be great for the mind, body and soul.
Sometimes in life we need to learn how to look after ourselves instead of putting others first all the time. Spending 5 minutes a day with no distractions can be highly beneficial to your inner health.
What are some things you do to relax and relieve stress?